The B Reservoir receives drinking water directly from the district’s treatment plant; water is then distributed throughout the district. This reservoir was damaged during the 2018 Camp Fire and is not currently in use. The reservoir’s level fluctuated with customer usage needs; its capacity was 3 million gallons.
The District is currently working throught the FEMA process to replace the damaged reservoir with concrete or steel tank(s). Delivery pipeline improvements as well us upgrading the hydraulic system would increase efficiency of water delivery.
|Project Phase||Previous Fiscal Year Expenses||Fiscal Year 15/16||Fiscal Year 16/17||Fiscal Year 17/18||Fiscal Year 18/19||Fiscal Year 19/20||Total|
- Bill Taylor
Department: Water Treatment
- State Revolving Fund / FEMA Disaster Recovery Funds
Design / Funding Approval
PID's board considered these alternatives:
Option 1—Replacing the B Reservoir cover and liner only.
Option 2—Replace the reservoir with two steel tanks, increasing storage capacity and capacity for fire flow demand. Additional improvements include revamping system hydraulics and building a pump station for a new pipeline from the treatment plant to the distribution system.
Option 3— Replace the reservoir with a concrete tank,increasing storage capacity and capacity for fire flow demand. Additional improvements include revamping system hydraulics and building a pump station for a new pipeline from the treatment plant to the distribution system.
PID’s board voted to pursue Option 2 (saving funds on project development) and authorizing the project design.
Benefits to PID and its Customers
Increased water capacity, better water flow during fire emergencies, less vulnerability to security and water contamination issues.
Anticipated Project Timeline
|July 2017||July 2017 - Nov. 2017||Dec. 2017 - Oct. 2018||Nov. 2018 - Oct. 2020||Nov. 2020|
B Reservoir Project Overview Video
- pdf August 21, 2018 - Notice of Intent (203 KB)
August 21, 2018 - Proposed Mitigated Negative Declaration and Initial Study
Public Draft (4.29 MB)
- document June 12, 2018 - Design Status Update (Presentation to Board) (13.41 MB)
- pdf April 19, 2017 - Memo to Board of Directors regarding funding for project design and status of RFPs to engineering firms (251 KB)
- pdf May 17, 2017 - Memo to Board of Directors regarding award of planning and design contract to Waterworks Engineers, LLC (785 KB)
- pdf August 10, 2017 - Conceptual Design Report by Waterworks Engineers, LLC - Alternatives Evaluation (17.89 MB)
- pdf September 20, 2017 Memo to Bard of Directors regarding amendment of contract with Waterworks Engineers, LLC to add planning and design of A Zone pipeline and pump stations (1.19 MB)
- pdf November 8, 2017 - Preliminary Design Report by Waterworks Engineers, LLC - Preferred Alternative (8.92 MB)
- pdf January 2018 - B Res Project Progress Report (462 KB)
- pdf October 2018 - Stantec response to public comments (3.42 MB)
Project details updated June 2018