PID is committed to transparency, accountability and integrity
Who we serve. Paradise Irrigation District (PID) is located in the Town of Paradise, a Northern California foothill community with a population of approximately 26,000. PID delivers water to approximately 10,500 municipal and residential/commercial customers. Check out the area we serve: pdf District Boundaries Map (1.54 MB)
Authority. PID is an irrigation district formed and existing pursuant to the California Irrigation District Law, Division 11 of the California Water Code, sections 20500 to 29978.
Mission. PID is dedicated to the business of producing and delivering a safe, dependable supply of quality water in an efficient, cost effective manner with service that meets or exceeds the expectation of our customers.
Suggestions and complaints. PID is governed by its Board of Directors, all issues that cannot be resolved by PID staff may be considered by the full board. Submit a suggestion or complaint here.
- By Email
- By Phone: 530-877-4971
- Visit us: 6332 Clark Road, Paradise, CA 95969
- Emergency services available 24/7: 530-877-4971
PID employees and Board of Directors are bound by policies and requirements to ensure transparency and ethical behavior. The policies comply with the specific requirements of the Fair Political Practices Act, the Ralph M. Brown Act, Public Records Act and statutory requirements for ethics and sexual harassment prevention training, among others.
- PID annual audits are available for the last seven years
- pdf 2019/2020 Check Register (463 KB) (click to view checks issued for the prior fiscal year). Current monthly check registers are available in the "Docs" section of each regular meeting.
Every year, PID submits a financial report to the California State Controller. The data PID provides to the state allows the public to create customized reports about the district's finances and even compare those figures with other agencies. Create your financial view of the district here: https://bythenumbers.sco.ca.gov/
Learn how PID is planning for the future.
- pdf 2020/2021 Budget (13.33 MB)
- pdf PID Reserving Policy (352 KB)
- pdf PID Debt Management Policy (198 KB)
- Learn about current and future projects
Compensation & Benefits
Board Compensation is detailed in pdf Chapter 2.22 of the Policies & Procedures Manual (148 KB) .
Fees: Directors shall receive compensation not to exceed $100 per day. Compensation taken may be less than $100; down to a minimum amount of one cent for either:
- Up to $100 per day for attending a regular or special Board meeting, or acting under its orders; and
- Up to $100 per day for attending a Board approved standing committee meeting, an established Ad Hoc committee, or an outside Board approved meeting requiring a Board member in attendance, when there is no regular or special Board meeting that day.
- Regardless of either per day event, the per day amount(s) shall not exceed a total of six (6) meeting days in any calendar month. No fees are to be paid for seminars or conferences, but the out-of-pocket costs associated with attending those meetings, on a Board pre-approval basis, can be reimbursed through the use of a district claim form.
- Directors and their eligible dependents can participate in the district’s medical, dental, vision, life, and flexible benefits “cafeteria” programs as received by district employees, and stated in the Rules & Regulations Governing Employment Conditions, Salaries, and Benefits for Employees of Paradise Irrigation District. Directors will not be eligible to participate in the district’s retirement plans.
Use the following links to learn more about PID's compensation to employees and the board.
- pdf Organizational Chart (127 KB)
- pdf Management Unit Memorandum of Understanding (505 KB)
- pdf General Unit Memorandum of Understanding (640 KB)
- pdf District Manager Agreement - Kevin Phillips (3.12 MB)
- folder Employee Job Descriptions
- pdf Employee Reimbursement Disclosure FY 2019/2020 (122 KB)
- pdf Reimbursement & Travel Policy (99 KB)
Access to Public Records
PID has fair governance policies that ensure access to public records. If you're looking for information not detailed on this page or in our document library, please submit a request for public information.
- pdf Public Records Request Form (106 KB) .
- View Public Information Requests - Starting in 2017, PID is making responses to requests for public information available online for the benefit of the general public.
How to serve on the Board
Elections for directors of the district are staggered every two years. Important deadlines are available at buttevotes.net.
- pdf Information for potential candidates that may be interested in the PID elective offices to be filled for the November 3, 2020 General Election (3.16 MB)
- pdf PID Policies: Directors & Officers (148 KB)
- pdf PID Policies: Board of Directors Meetings (120 KB)
The successful candidates will serve a four-year term of office effective at noon on the first Friday of December following the election. The candidate must meet the following qualifications: “Candidate shall be a voter in the district and a resident of the division that he or she represents at the time of his or her nomination or appointment and through his or her entire term.” (“Voter” means a registered voter in the district). A PID pdf division boundaries map (1.54 MB) is provided for reference
- Division 1 - Nov. 2020 for a four-year term
- Division 2 - Nov. 2020 for a two-year short term, Nov. 2022 for a four-year term
- Division 3 - Nov. 2020 for a two-year short term, Nov. 2022 for a four-year term
- Divison 4 - Nov. 2022 for a four-year term
- Division 5 - Nov. 2020 for a four-year term
- Division 1 - VACANT - Appointment ends Dec. 2020
- Division 2 - Director Brian Shaw - Appointment ends Dec. 2020
- Division 3 - Director Shelby Boston - Appointment ends Dec. 2020
- Division 4 - Director Marc Sulik - Term ends Dec. 2022
- Division 5 - Director Gregg Mowers - Appointment ends Dec. 2020
Your District Manager
Kevin Phillips bring more than a decade of experience working with Paradise Irrigation District to his position as PID’s District Manager. He began working at PID in 2007 as Finance and Accounting Manager, and became the district’s Chief Financial Officer in 2013. The District’s five-member board put Mr. Phillips in the position as the district’s District Manager in January 2019 following the departure of PID’s previous district manager.
As District Manager, Kevin oversee all of PID’s operational functions and have a staff of 45 employees. The district serves 10,500 households and businesses, providing drinking water to more than 20,000 community members.
As a Certified Public Accountant, Kevin Phillips worked with Matson & Isom Accountancy Corporation (Chico, CA) from 2000 to 2007. He attended Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo, where he earned a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, with a concentration in Accounting and Finance. Kevin serves on the Finance Committee for the Association of California Water Agencies (ACWA), as well as on ACWA’s Joint Powers Insurance Authority. Ke is also an elected Director of the Durham Irrigation District. Kevin live in Durham (CA) with his wife and three children.
We've made it easy to get involved and watch your board and committees at work. From our meeting page, you can find meeting times,read minutes and agendas and watch or listen to meeting recordings. Our meetings are held in accordance with the Ralph M. Brown Act, so you're always welcome to attend. The board prefers a flexible form of meeting, but at times may institute Rosenberg's Rules of Order. Use the meetings link below to plan your attendance at one of our next public meetings.
Other ways to stay connected
PID customers can look forward to monthly watering tips and district news included each month with their water bill. The newsletters are also available online here: folder Newsletters
- Annual Workshops
- Johnny Appleseed Days
Request PID to speak at your event
Enterprise Systems Catalog
The California Public Records Act (CPRA) requires local agencies such as PID to create a catalog of Enterprise Systems and post it on its website. pdf Catalog of Enterprise Systems (SB 272) (76 KB)