PID is committed to transparency, accountability and integrity
Who we serve. Paradise Irrigation District (PID) is located in the Town of Paradise, a Northern California foothill community with a population of approximately 26,000. PID delivers water to approximately 10,500 municipal and residential/commercial customers. Check out the area we serve:
District Boundaries Map
Authority. PID is an irrigation district formed and existing pursuant to the California Irrigation District Law, Division 11 of the California Water Code, sections 20500 to 29978.
Mission. PID is dedicated to the business of producing and delivering a safe, dependable supply of quality water in an efficient, cost effective manner with service that meets or exceeds the expectation of our customers.
Suggestions and complaints. PID is governed by its Board of Directors, all issues that cannot be resolved by PID staff may be considered by the full board. Submit a suggestion or complaint here.
PID employees and Board of Directors are bound by policies and requirements to ensure transparency and ethical behavior. The policies comply with the specific requirements of the Fair Political Practices Act, the Ralph M. Brown Act, Public Records Act and statutory requirements for ethics and sexual harassment prevention training, among others.
Ethics Training Certificates. Director Marc Sulik,
Interim District Manager, Tom Lando
Every year, PID submits a financial report to the California State Controller. The data PID provides to the state allows the public to create customized reports about the district's finances and even compare those figures with other agencies. Create your financial view of the district here: https://bythenumbers.sco.ca.gov/
Learn how PID is planning for the future.
Compensation & Benefits
Board Compensation is detailed in
Chapter 2.22 of the Policies & Procedures Manual
Fees: Directors shall receive compensation not to exceed $100 per day. Compensation taken may be less than $100; down to a minimum amount of one cent for either:
- Up to $100 per day for attending a regular or special Board meeting, or acting under its orders; and
- Up to $100 per day for attending a Board approved standing committee meeting, an established Ad Hoc committee, or an outside Board approved meeting requiring a Board member in attendance, when there is no regular or special Board meeting that day.
- Regardless of either per day event, the per day amount(s) shall not exceed a total of six (6) meeting days in any calendar month. No fees are to be paid for seminars or conferences, but the out-of-pocket costs associated with attending those meetings, on a Board pre-approval basis, can be reimbursed through the use of a district claim form.
- Directors and their eligible dependents can participate in the district’s medical, dental, vision, life, and flexible benefits “cafeteria” programs as received by district employees, and stated in the Rules & Regulations Governing Employment Conditions, Salaries, and Benefits for Employees of Paradise Irrigation District. Directors will not be eligible to participate in the district’s retirement plans.
Use the following links to learn more about PID's compensation to employees and the board.
Access to Public Records
PID has fair governance policies that ensure access to public records. If you're looking for information not detailed on this page or in our document library, please submit a request for public information.
How to serve on the Board
Elections for directors of the district are staggered every two years. Important deadlines are available at buttevotes.net.
The successful candidates will serve a four-year term of office effective at noon on the first Friday of December following the election. The candidate must meet the following qualifications: “Candidate shall be a voter in the district and a resident of the division that he or she represents at the time of his or her nomination or appointment and through his or her entire term.” (“Voter” means a registered voter in the district). A PID
division boundaries map
is provided for reference
- Division 1 - Nov. 2024 for a four-year term
- Division 2 - Nov. 2022 for a four-year term
- Division 3 - Nov. 2022 for a four-year term
- Divison 4 - Nov. 2022 for a four-year term
- Division 5 - Nov. 2024 for a four-year term
Your Board - Visit the board information page to learn more about your directors.
- Division 1 - Director Brian Shaw
- Division 2 - Director Alan Hinman
- Division 3 - Director Shelby Boston (President)
- Division 4 - Director Marc Sulik
- Division 5 - Director Dan Hansen (Vice President)
Your District Manager: Tom Lando
We’re pleased to welcome Tom Lando to the Paradise Irrigation District. Tom Lando has served in many director positions in Butte County since 1980 including City Manager for The City of Chico for 14 years and Interim City Manager for the City of Oroville since 2018. He has a Doctorate and Master’s Degree in Public Administration, and a Master’s Degree in City Planning. “The District’s in great shape and well run,” notes Lando, “I”m excited to help bridge the gap.”
We've made it easy to get involved and watch your board and committees at work. From our meeting page, you can find meeting times,read minutes and agendas and watch or listen to meeting recordings. Our meetings are held in accordance with the Ralph M. Brown Act, so you're always welcome to attend. The board prefers a flexible form of meeting, but at times may institute Rosenberg's Rules of Order. Use the meetings link below to plan your attendance at one of our next public meetings.
Other ways to stay connected
PID customers can look forward to monthly watering tips and district news included each month with their water bill. The newsletters are also available online here:
- Annual Workshops
- Johnny Appleseed Days
Request PID to speak at your event
Submit your request here.
Enterprise Systems Catalog
The California Public Records Act (CPRA) requires local agencies such as PID to create a catalog of Enterprise Systems and post it on its website.
Catalog of Enterprise Systems (SB 272)
[No form id or name provided!]