Division 1 Vacancy
Letters of Interest due by July 31, 2020 at 4 p.m.
Click to view a detailed map of Division 1
A vacancy exists in the Office of Director, Division 1, of the Paradise Irrigation District. The remaining Directors of the District are seeking qualified applicants to serve as an appointed Director. The person appointed shall serve the remainder of the term until the next general district election in November 2020, and thereafter until the person elected to fill the vacancy assumes office in December 2020.
Directors are expected to attend at least one evening Board meeting a month and typically attend an average of two committee meetings a month. The District will make an effort to provide board training, as it is available.
In order to be considered for appointment, a candidate must
- be a registered voter in the district and a resident of Division 1. (Water Code, § 21100, subdivison (a).)
- The residency requirement is met if the person was domiciled in Division 1 at the time of the Camp Fire and intends to maintain such as his/her permanent residence. Division 1 includes properties North of Bille Road to approximately Pentz and Skyway Roads, west to the town limits.
A map of the boundaries of Division 1 can be viewed here
Persons who wish to be considered for appointment to fill the vacancy must pdf submit a Paradise Irrigation District Statement of Interest (335 KB) for Board of Director Vacancy form to the District Secretary, no later than 4:00 PM, July 31, 2020.
The letter of interest may be hand-delivered or mailed (Postmark dates will not be acceptable) to the following address:
Paradise Irrigation District Attn: District Secretary 6332 Clark Road Paradise, CA 95969
Qualifications for Board Members
- pdf Director Qualifications and Requirements (315 KB)
- pdf PID Policies: Directors & Officers (148 KB)
- pdf PID Policies: Board of Directors Meetings (120 KB)